Google is testing a new mobile interface for desktop search
Jul 27, 2015
We recently spotted Google testing a new user interface (UI) for the local pack search results on the desktop search interface for numerous search queries across different industries. This new interface looks more like the mobile UI than the normal desktop UI.
Here are some of the noticeable changes in this new design –
- Website URL is missing which would probably make tracking organic positions a tedious process.
- Clicking on the listing takes you to a search result page with “Business Name” “Geo” as the search query as opposed to landing on the business website earlier. Might be an attempt to reduce bounce rate!
- Main Category is now included in the listing.
- Business Hours are now included in the listing.
- Address displayed is not complete. Just the street name which might confuse the user.
- Link to Google My Business page is removed.
As always, we will keep a close eye on this and keep you updated on future developments.
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »